08 Jan 2018
- Rice- ½ cup parboiled
- Urad dal – ¼ cup
- Fenugreek seed (methi)- 6-8
- Barley- ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped mixed vegetables
- Wash and soak the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in lukewarm water for 2-3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the barley separately in lukewarm water for 2-3 hours. Drain and keep 1 tablespoon barley aside.
- Drain the rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds and grind along with the remaining barley in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 3-4 hours to ferment.
- Add the salt and mix gently.
- Apply a little water on the idli moulds and spoonfuls of the better into them.
- Sprinkle a little barley and 2 teaspoon of vegetables over each idli and steamer for 20 minutes.
- Unmould the idli when slightly cool and serve immediately
- Barley is high source of fiber.
- Helps improve digestion.
- Prevents heart disease.
- Provides antioxidants.
- High in vitamins and minerals