08 Jan 2018
- Chickpea – 350 gm (soaked overnight)
- Salt – To taste
- Extra virgin oil – 15ml
- Onion- 3 medium onion (thinly chopped)
- Coriander- 1 cup chopped
- Black pepper- 5
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Boil chickpea in salted water in sauce pan; remove the foam with a spoon appearing over boiling peas.
- Add olive oil, onion, chopped parsley and black peppercorn. Mix well, cover and cook until peas turn soft enough to be mashed easily.
- Mash the peas and squeeze lemons.
- Sprinkle salt and remaining parsley.
- Stir well and serve hot.
- Chickpea are excellent sources of protein.
- Help control blood sugar levels.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps protect against heart disease and cancer.
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals.